I don't know what I imagined planting trees would be like! I was convinced we would have little baby saplings that we would nurture and wait for them to grow bigger.
How excited then I was to find the huge trees (to me at least because at home, all my plants are at most 1 metre high!) awaiting us. Here they were 50 of them at least 2 metres tall (taller than all of us) and boy were they heavy! At least 80 kilos each!
I, as usual, got carried away planting mine as I loooove to do all things strange. I lifted, shovelled and watered with zeal and wished that I had 10 more to plant. Unfortunately couldn't be selfish - each one had 1 or 2 to plant!
But then when I was done and we gathered in that quiet place, dwarfed by the tall verdant adult trees, I was humbled. Who are we compared to such Nature? They stand majestic and look so calm and gracious amidst all the hustle and bustle.
I will learn from Nature - to be calm and count my blessings!
How excited then I was to find the huge trees (to me at least because at home, all my plants are at most 1 metre high!) awaiting us. Here they were 50 of them at least 2 metres tall (taller than all of us) and boy were they heavy! At least 80 kilos each!
I, as usual, got carried away planting mine as I loooove to do all things strange. I lifted, shovelled and watered with zeal and wished that I had 10 more to plant. Unfortunately couldn't be selfish - each one had 1 or 2 to plant!
But then when I was done and we gathered in that quiet place, dwarfed by the tall verdant adult trees, I was humbled. Who are we compared to such Nature? They stand majestic and look so calm and gracious amidst all the hustle and bustle.
I will learn from Nature - to be calm and count my blessings!