It's been a real long time that I haven't talked to you guys. Well as usual I was crazy busy managing all my other blogs.
I'm always grateful to work with children! This year I discovered that they have plenty on their minds - even those who don't speak out during class.
The first discovery was SAM in 2008 - pupils started opening up about Science - filling up pages with drawings and thoughts all in colour (yeah!) and it made me think - WOW - all that was hidden inside before!
It made me think of going one step further - how about Thinking more and Talking more about Science just because we are interested to find out more and not for exams, not for marks!
Boom in 2009, the Think Science Talk Science platform made me read in awe as I saw pupils discussing various topics in Science with passion and confidence. I was amazed that for many of them, the longest they had ever written about Science would have been a maximum of 4 to 5 sentences in their open-ended questions during exams, then maybe more in SAM and on this Science blog these same children were writing in full length essays all this in perfect grammar (almost) and sentence strcuture.
Even more amazing for me was to see the progression in thoughts in the second Virtual class when pupils started to do research before answering questions, posing questions within the question itself and using hyperlinks to information they thought others might find useful.
I wait with anticipation for the third Virtual lesson to learn more from the pupils!
Saturday, June 6, 2009
A Journey of Discovery
Labels:
Thank you children