Friday, January 4, 2008

Musing

Finally I get to meet my new family.

I was apprehensive on my first day of school - ha! you all thought teachers don't get nervous!! I couldn't sleep the night before as I was imagining the wildest nightwares possible (you all know I am terribly creative!).

I have now 35 new additions to my life. That in itself is not good news as I would have much preferred 30-32 because I visualised myself marking to death every night after a long day at school (oh the awfully ugly eyebags the next day). On top of that, I have 23 boys and 12 girls!

But after 3 days with the new family, I found that there are quite a few - ahem sorry - a lot of interesting personalities in 6G. Thank goodness, I totally enjoy students with character! The thing I like the most so far is to hear the startling laughter (bursting right from the belly, eyes sparkling and cheeks wobbling) and the absolute silence when the class is attentive.

I like!