Monday, February 11, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray for Lucille Grace!

Lucille Grace survived her ordeal!!

I woke up this morning thinking, "I hope it won't be like that other time last year when we stepped into class and there was this awful smell of decomposition!" (Sorry Tiff). And it was quite ironical as at that time, we were deep into studying how living things decompose when they errr are not living anymore!

Do you know what she was up to being unsociable and hiding away behind her pile of stones?

Lucille was shedding her exoskeleton! Yep, we also call that moulting - birds moult too - no they don't shed their skeleton (ouch) but their feathers and are super fussy during that time (I'll tell you about my bird next time - erm ex-bird aka Fifi 1).

Amazingly, she now looks bigger - just imagine living in too tight clothes and suddenly voila, you change into looser clothes - you'll look bigger too. So I was dying to find the exoskeleton but it was nowhere to be found!

Jun Jie told me that Lucille had most probably eaten it - wow - calcium I guess and he added, "She also ate the outer claws!" (Were you thinking new ones? No the shed ones!) Boy, she must have been hungry.

Lucille Grace, was that your Chinese New Year dinner?